Construction Claims & Dispute Management Summit 2018
The construction industry in India averages 2000 billion rupees from 2011 until 2018, reaching an all-time high of 2400 billion rupees in the first quarter of 2018 on the GDP chart. Similarly, the construction industry in India is feeble and suffering through failure of resolution of disputes expeditiously and effectively by the parties. The recovery of the construction industry is critical for maintaining the current rate of growth and economic activity. The average duration for settlement of disputes is more than 7 years in India.
The total amount of investment that is currently tied up in disputes is approximately INR 75,000 crores. The major issue is pendency of construction disputes, which is about 68% of the total claims against government entities and public-sector units that are pending in arbitration and 13% are pending with the government entities.
The focus of the summit is to build an approach towards minimizing the impact, intensity and occurrence of claims and implementing techniques and best practices for effective dispute resolution.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Deploying early alarm signals for prompt actions on extension of time (EOT)
- Objective interpretations of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 in construction contracts
- Implication of amendments of Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 2015 to the construction industry
- Formation of claims - Identification | Resolution
- Acceptance of ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and understanding scope of it in Dispute Resolution.
- Effective dispute resolution with the process of arbitration
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Commercial Managers
- Project Managers
- Contracts Administrators
- Construction Managers
- Central and State Government departments/ Ministries involved in projects
- Construction professionals
- In house legal / Legal Firms
- Builders / Developers / Suppliers
- Insurance Specialists / Consultants
- Quantity Surveyors (Main Contractor and Client Side)
- Consulting Engineers
- Contractors / Sub contractors
- Land Owners
- Funding agencies